In Defense of Skin-Defense
Why Skin Protection Matters?
The body’s largest organ – our skin – is our first defense against the outside world. Intrinsically linked to overall health, our skin reflects our general wellbeing as well as a barrier against environmental aggressors. Things like pollution, harmful and ageing UV rays, viruses, toxins, extreme weather, and blue light all pose a challenge to our hardworking skin function. Put simply: if skin is not functioning well it cannot do its job of providing us with crucial protection.
Most of us are aware that our skin needs good general care: from diet to hydration, like all of our organs. However, with our skin being outside our bodies, it is literally the first line of defense, and as such requires special attention.
Optimizing skin’s protection functions has a more profound impact on our overall health than we might think.
How do we help skin to help us?
Choosing the best ingredients, free from toxins, gluten, sulfates, fungal acne-feeding components, parabens, silicones, and synthetic fragrance is a good place to start. Why aggravate an issue with ingredients that offer no benefit to you or your skin?
At RÉDUIT we believe good skincare is about more than simply good ingredients; efficient application is a key element to a skincare system with real efficacy. Our technology delivers exactly what you need, precisely where you need it, so skin is protected in a way that traditional skincare cannot offer.
Choose hardworking formulas:
- Antioxidants: helps your skin to combat collagen-damaging free radicals. They play an important role in protection, working to boost skin’s youthful elasticity for longer.
- Skin-identical ingredients: these are ingredients that can be found in the skin or imitate the components of the skin naturally. Namely:
- Natural Moisturizing Factors: things that can be found inside the keratinocytes (skin cells) and help our skin to bind water.
- Stratum Corneum Lipids: between the skin cells is an extracellular matrix. It consists mainly of lipids and is incredibly important in having a healthy skin barrier.
- Soothing Ingredients: ingredients that help to ease any discomfort in the skin. These ingredients act as anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant agents and reduce inflammation to soothe the skin. Helpful in treating common skin issues like acne, rosacea or sensitive skin, as well as providing great protection and prevention generally.
- Sun and Elemental Protection: not necessarily limited to SPF or sunscreen. Ingredients that help to protect the skin from the sun but also photo-protect it against daily exposure.
How RÉDUIT protects your skin:
Our Precision Shield Skinpod is designed to create a protective barrier and provide all you need to protect your skin against environmental aggressors.
Its formulation contains some of the best and simplest skincare superheroes:
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract extracted from Green Tea: one of the nature’s most powerful antioxidants. The active parts are called polyphenols, or more precisely catechins. There is a huge difference in quality between available green tea extracts. The potent ones contain 50-90% catechins. Green tea is proven to be a great antioxidant, UV protectant, anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic antimicrobial agent. Because of these properties, green tea is a great choice for boosting youth and for skin conditions including rosacea, acne and atopic dermatitis. The extract is known for its calming properties, which when paired with Allantoin in our formula provides the ultimate hit of zen for your skin.
- Glycerin, a natural moisturizer that is also found naturally in our skin. A safe and effective molecule that is not only a simple moisturizer but also keeps the skin lipids between our skin cells in a healthy (liquid crystal) state, protecting against irritation while helping to restore skin barrier. Glycerin naturally helps our skin retain water, making it a hydration superhero.
- Allantoin, a known soothing skin ingredient that has gained new popularity in K-beauty treatments, thanks to its abilities to protect and soothe skin. It can be found naturally in the roots & leaves of the comfrey plant. It is not only soothing but also skin-softening and can promote wound healing. Therefore, many promote it for treating scars. At RÉDUIT we use it as a softening agent, working to soothe your skin so that it can absorb Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract and Glycerin more seamlessly.
- Benzophenone-4 or Sulisobenzone is a light UV absorber and skin protectant. At RÉDUIT we do not use it as a sunscreen but as a protective element for daily exposure. A powerful photo protectant, it works to limit light and sun exposure, making it a good shield against general environmental aggressors. Never penetrating your skin’s dermis, it also prevents other ingredients from being degraded by the sun, allowing them to remain active long after application.
Our formulas are created with all these considerations in mind. When paired with our superior delivery method, the Precision Shield formula provides the ultimate first line of defense against daily aggressors for your precious, hardworking skin.
THE LATEST FROM REDUIT
#PayItForwardWithREDUIT During this difficult time, one thing has become abundantly clear: the world can never have enough kindness. At RÉDUIT we believe that kindness and love make the world turn round, so why not spread a little bit more of it? Our ‘Pay it Forward’...
Combat Your Skin Enemies: Dry Air and Cold Weather Winter is synonymous with skin suffering: lower temperatures and humidity levels leave skin dry, while harsh winds, dry indoor heat and extra hot water from showers can make the problem worse. Add to that a pandemic,...
Courtesy of Huda Beauty BlogChristmas is all about giving, but forgive us this year if the top of our Christmas gifting list is ourselves. If there was ever a year where a little bit of self care, love and indulgence was required, it is the year 2020! But don’t take...